Dynamics of Civil Structures
Intelligent Infrastructure Systems/Pennoni Associates
Hae Young Noh
Carnegie Mellon University
University of North Carolina-Charlotte
OverviewThe purpose of the Technical Division on Biological Systems and Materials is to provide technical benefit to its members by:
- Providing a unique multidisciplinary forum to disseminate and exchange information on new research and technical developments in the testing, identification, and assessment of civil and similar large in-situ structural systems using measured properties and response features.
- Enhancing research, technical developments, and standard practices in civil structures testing through the identification of critical research needs and the validation and dissemination of emerging methods and promising technologies that address the unique features of the civil structures test environment.
- Promoting and/or organizing special sessions, symposia, short courses, workshops, manuals or monographs that respond to identified needs of the TD member community and facilitate transfer of developed technologies and methods to the larger professional community.
- Interacting, assisting and cooperating with other committees, societies, associations or organizations by serving as a focal point on civil structures testing, identification, and assessment.
- Planning and coordinating, in cooperation with others, civil structures activities of the Society.