The purpose of the Technical Division on Inverse Problems shall be to provide maximum technical benefits to its members by:
- Providing a forum or exchange of information on inverse problems approaches, from full field measurements, in experimental mechanics.
- Advancing inverse problems technology through timely exchange and dissemination of information.
- Planning and coordinating, in cooperation with others, the inverse problems activities of the Society.
- Assisting in the promotion of uniform terminology in inverse problem documentation.
- Providing improved technical interaction between scientists, engineers, manufacturers and users of inverse problems approaches.
- Promoting and/or organizing special sessions, symposia, short courses, workshops, manuals or monographs.
- Interacting, assisting and cooperating with other committees, societies, associations or organizations on the topic of inverse problems.