The Award Consists of:
- Recognition of the recipient through presentation of a check for $3,000 at the Conference Luncheon and Awards Ceremony conducted in conjunction with the SEM Annual Conference.
- Reimbursement of student-rate SEM Annual conference fees paid by the recipient to attend the SEM Annual Conference where the award is granted.
- Reimbursement of all reasonable travel expenses incurred by the recipient in attending the SEM Annual conference where the award is granted.
Applications for the Award:
The application shall consist of:
- A complete curriculum vita of the applicant including contact data for the applicant and his/her research advisor,
- An essay (no more than two pages in length, single space, 12 point font) describing the student’s aspirational goals and plans to pursue a graduate degree in experimental mechanics,
- One letter of endorsement,
- Contact data for three persons who have agreed to provide references on request.
Send nominations via e-mail to the Gary L. Cloud Scholarship Selection Committee, c/o Tom Proulx, Executive Director, SEM, 7 School Street, Bethel, CT 06801. Phone: (203) 790-6373, fax: (203) 790-4472, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted by mid-January of the year of the award. The scholarship is open to all interested individuals.
Criteria for Selection:
- The recipient shall be a student in good standing at a recognized college or university,
- Appropriateness of the applicant’s background of study and preparation for research in experimental mechanics,
- Applicant’s goals, plans, and aspirations for a career in experimental mechanics.
Selection and Notification:
A committee will review all submittals. You will be notified via e-mail by March 1 if you have been selected to receive the award. If accepted, further instructions will be given regarding the awards ceremony at the SEM Annual meeting in June.
If you have any questions concerning the application, please do not hesitate to contact SEM at: email@example.com.