It's Not Just Modal AnymoreNEXT FRONTIER IN STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS
February 8–11, 2021
Paper Submission - Present and Publish
IMAC-XXXIX Author Toolkit
Important author information including instructions and mandatory forms.
Technical presentations at the virtual IMAC-XXXIX conference will consist of:
- Pre-recorded video presentation (10-15 minutes) – Available for viewing at any time beginning shortly prior to the conference.
- Live 2-3 minute summary presentation followed by a live 5 minute Q&A – scheduled into “sessions” over the dates of the conference, much like our in-person events, and facilitated by session chairs. We require you to submit 1-2 presentation slides which will be shown during your live summary presentation.
Technical presentations requirements:
You must submit BOTH a video presentation and summary slides, in addition to a Download/Publish contribution (please see below).
You may choose one of the options below for your pre-recorded video presentation:
- Presentation slides with audio voice-over
- Video recording of yourself presenting your work
- Combination of A and B
Presentation recordings should adhere to the following guidelines:
- .mp4 video format
- Time limit on recording
- Technical session presentations limited to 15 minutes
- Session Keynote Lectures limited to 30 minutes
- First slide of the recording must include:
- Submission number
- Submission title
- Author name(s)
- Conference title "IMAC-XXXIX"
- Filename must be Submission number_First 3 letters of your last name (1234_Pro.mp4)
To share you downloadable video recording with SEM, provide a link in your submission form. Links may be to file hosting services such as Dropbox, GoogleDrive, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, etc..
For best results, please ensure you speak clearly and have no background noise that could be distracting. For option B., video recordings should show yourself and your presentation so that figures and text are legible when viewed.
- .ppt or .pptx or .pdf file format
- Filename must be Submission number_First 3 letters of your last name (1234_Pro.ppt)
- Your submission/extended abstract/presentation materials will be included in the submissions download made available to ALL conference attendees
- There will be no “Oral Only” presentations. ALL presenters will be required to submit, at a minimum, extended abstracts (must be 2 to 3 pages) OR presentation materials (PDF of PowerPoint presentation)
- Presentation materials will not be submitted to Springer and will not be included in the published proceedings
- You also have the option to include your submission in a Conference Proceedings volume published by Springer
- If you plan to publish your work presented at IMAC-XXXIX to another journal following the conference, you should only submit an extended abstract, not a full proceedings paper.
- If you plan to publish your work, presented at IMAC-XXXIX, in one of SEM’s Journals (Experimental Mechanics, Experimental Techniques, Journal of Dynamic Behavior of Materials), you will need to significantly add to or change the content of your submission to avoid self-plagiarism.
All accepted abstracts will be guaranteed a presentation time slot during the conference, provided a full manuscript (or extended abstract) is submitted in a timely fashion. Completed papers based on the accepted abstract will be programmed and included in the submissions download, and if applicable, the Conference Proceedings published by Springer. Inclusion is contingent upon the author's commitment to present their work at the conference and the timely submission of the final text of the accepted paper.
All conference attendees are required to pay the conference registration fee.