Experimental Acoustics and Vibration Postdoc
Join our world-class R&D team to solve problems aligned with DOE missions of national security, science, energy, and environmental management! The Geophysics Group in the Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) Division at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral research associate. You will work as part of the Acoustics team on developing, implementing, and applying diagnostics tools based on linear and nonlinear acoustics to interrogate and control a wide range of materials including geological materials, biomaterials, and advanced engineered materials. You will be expected to publish results in high-impact peer-reviewed journals and present your work at conferences. The term of the appointment is two (2) years, with the option to extend to a third year depending on performance and funding availability.
- Ph.D. in a STEM field
- Record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- Communication skills as evidenced by publications and oral presentations at conferences
- Experience with at least one of the following: (1) wave propagation, (2) complex materials, or (3) applying machine learning to physical problems
- Experience with Comsol, Abaqus and/or Python programming
- Experience applying machine learning
- Interest in studying complex materials and advanced manufacturing
Details:Job Posting Link
Location:Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico
This listing will be removed on July 19, 2021.