Annual Details Test Page
June 14–17, 2021 | Virtual
All presenting author(s) will be allotted 12-minute slots for their live summary during the week of June 14-17, 2021. Presentations should consist of a 5-minute summary of the work followed by 7 minutes of Q&A facilitated by the session chair(s). Please be prepared to share your summary slides at the time of your live presentation. If there are technical difficulties, an SEM staff member will be available to assist.
All author(s) will be expected to upload the following by May 10, 2021:
- Summary slides (maximum of 3 pages including cover slide)
- Shareable link to your recorded video presentation
All registered attendees will receive an email in late May indicating that the Whova platform is live, at which time you may begin watching video presentations, engaging with other attendees and preparing your custom schedule for live summary and question and answer sessions the week of June 14-17, 2021.
All conference attendees, presenters and session chairs are required to pay the conference registration fee.
If you have any questions regarding your proceedings paper, please contact Shari Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any general conference questions, please contact Jen Tingets at email@example.com. Both can be reached by phone at (203) 790-6373.
- maximum of 3 slides including cover slide
- Cover slide must include:
- Submission number
- Submission title
- Author name(s)
- Conference title "2021 SEM Annual Conference"
- .ppt or .pptx or .pdf file format
- File must be named as submission number_first 3 letters of your last name (e.g., 12345_Pro.ppt)
- Pre-recorded video presentation may be a combination of presentation slides with audio voice-over or presentation slides with a picture-in-picture of yourself presenting the work
- Recommended recording length of 10 to 15 minutes
- Cover slide as per Summary Slides description
- You are encouraged to use the first 2 minutes of your video to create a strong summary your presentation
- .mp4 video format
- File must be named as submission number_first 3 letters of your last name (e.g., 12345_Pro.mp4)
- Upload shareable video recording link to SEM (links may be to file hosting services such as Dropbox, GoogleDrive, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.)
- View Checklist below for detailed guidelines
- Upload summary slides to SEM
- Ensure presentation slides are complete
- Eliminate background noise that could be distracting
- Use a headset or external microphone for best audio results
- Speak clearly
- Introduce yourself and state the title of your presentation
- Present your work
- Save recording as .mp4 file
- Verify that audio/video playback properly after recording
- Name file per video presentation instructions
- Upload shareable video recording link to SEM
All content and links will be hosted through the Conference platform, Whova. Whova will go live approximately two weeks prior to conference dates.
- Register for the conference to have access to Whova
- Browse the agenda or search by author/topic or filter by track
- Click Add to My Agenda to create your own custom schedule
- View presentation videos ahead of the conference dates to engage authors during the live sessions and ask questions
- Engage and interact with other attendees
- Get information and ask questions of exhibitors and sponsors
- Check the Community link for
- Asking the organizers questions
- Getting together with colleagues in virtual meets
- Sharing images
Still Have Questions?Visit our FAQ's