Challenges in Industry Applications
The translation of experimental mechanics-based techniques into industry applications is critical for the advancement of engineering design and testing. Industry applications often yield unique and important challenges due to complexities in industrially relevant materials, systems, and end-use applications. For this special session, we invite submissions of speakers from industry and government labs with firsthand experience translating experimental mechanics methods into commercial applications. During this session, we want to foster an informative discussion about current challenges in industrial experimental mechanics/techniques and opportunities for future developments and academic collaborations.
The applications committee is soliciting abstracts for the 2024 SEM Annual Conference. Topics include, but not limited to:
- Challenges in applied research
- Experimental methods in industry
- Economics and usability in experimental mechanics test design and selection
- Machine Learning for industrial applications
- Standardization in high-rate testing and other experimental mechanics techniques