Inverse Problem Methodologies
The purpose of the Technical Division on Inverse Problems shall be to provide maximum technical benefits to its members by:
a) Providing a forum or exchange of information on inverse problems approaches, from full field measurements, in experimental mechanics.
b) Advancing inverse problems technology through timely exchange and dissemination of information.
c) Planning and coordinating, in cooperation with others, the inverse problems activities of the Society.
d) Assisting in the promotion of uniform terminology in inverse problem documentation.
e) Providing improved technical interaction between scientists, engineers, manufacturers and users of inverse problems approaches.
f) Promoting and/or organizing special sessions, symposia, short courses, workshops, manuals or monographs.
g) Interacting, assisting and cooperating with other committees, societies, associations or organizations on the topic of inverse problems.
Inverse Problem Methodologies TD Annual Meetings
2009 Technical Division Activities Report
2010 Technical Division Activities Report
2010 SEM Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
2011 Technical Division Activities Report
2011 SEM Conference, Uncasville, Connecticut, USA
Inverse Prolem Methodologies - Updated May 2013
TD officiers for 2013-2014s, on a voluntary basis, will be: John Considine (Chair), Marco Sasso (vice-Chair), Sven Bossuyt (Secretary)
- Meeting had 11 attendees
- Professors Grediac and Pierron were congratulated for publication of ‘The Virtual Fields Method’, published by Springer.
- In 2012, the TD has organized sessions #84 and #35 in Inverse Methods; other inverse methods papers were disseminated in various sessions.
- The 2012 VFM short course had 10 participants from national laboratories, air force, and universities. The course was not held in last three years, maybe a better information has been provided or new people were interested in the topic; the result is considered valuable, so that the TD is going to hold the course next year (2013)
- Evelyne Toussaint has offered to update and improve TD website.
- Suggestion to SEM executive board: better advertising of short courses
- For 2013 SEM Conference TD will promote sessions and invite people to send papers; letters of invitation will be sent in October 2012. The sessions will be: Inverse Methodologies (in general), IM in plasticity (organized by Marco Rossi and Marco Sasso), IM in bio-materials (organized by Nathanael Connesson). The committee for the revision of the papers will be composed by: Nathanael Connesson, Marco Rossi and Marco Sasso
- We will involve the “Biologial Systems and Materials” TD in co-sponsored sessions